SIS 771/671 devices
1. Add The SIS 771/671 driver Repository using Control Panel -> Software Sources -> PPAs and adding the following line:
you may run the following command in the Terminal to do the same:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mati75/sis771
2. Then update the repository and install the package xserver-xorg-video-sisimedia from Package Manager or run the following command in the Terminal one by one:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-sisimedia
3. Create a file and rename with use-vesa.conf in your home folder. Then open the file with a text editor and add the following line
Section "Device" Identifier "Video Device" Driver "vesa" EndSection Section "Monitor" Identifier "Configured Monitor" EndSection Section "Screen" Identifier "Default Screen" Monitor "Configured Monitor" Device "Video Device" EndSection
4.1 In terminal "sudo kwrite /etc/modules"
4.2 The editor will open. Add the following line to the bottom (without quotes) and save: "sisfb".
5. Copy the use-vesa.conf to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/
- To do so --> Copy the use-vesa.conf file and go to root folder (In the Left side of the File Manager) then go to usr-->share-->X11-->xorg.conf.d then right click on a free space and go to Root action--> Open in File Manager.
- If it requests for password then give the password and click ok.
- Then a new File Manager window will appear. Right click and paste the file.
6. Finally Restart the Computer