Canon AIO Printer/Scanner
Setting up Canon AIO series Printers with scanner
- The scanner support for Canon AIO Printers are supported Out of the Box. Just Plug in the Printer and run scan application from Superx App Launcher.
- If the Network connected Canon AIO Printer's scanner is not detected by the scan application than you have to configure the application to find the scanner on the network.
- To configure the scanner, Follow the below instructions.
1. Open File Manager
2. Go to /etc/sane.d/, Right click on the file pixma.conf, Go to Root Actions--> Open As Text.
Run the following command in Terminal
kdesudo kwrite /etc/sane.d/pixma.conf
3. Add a line at the end of the document containing the IP address of your Scanner followed by bjnp://. It should be look like...
4. Save the file.
5. Restart the PC and open Scan application.