Share folders over the network
Sharing using SAMBA
1. Install system-config-samba and gksu from Package Manager.
2. Open samba from App Launcher. Enter your password when prompt.
3. Go to preferences, server settings -> add your workgroup name
4. Go to preferences, samba users, add a samba username and password
5. To share a folder or file, click on "+" and navigate to the folder or file by clicking "browse"
6. Now give it a share name and proper permission with writeable and visibl.
7. Click on Access tab, tick on allow access to everyone.
Sharing using SFTP
1. Click on Network in the right hand side of the file manager.
2. Click on Add Network Folder
3. Click on Secure Shell
4. Give required details as shown in the screenshot below. The username is a user in the remote machine which credentials you will use to login.